• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

AdmiralPrice
    The Truth About Total War DLCs

Total War Warhammer 2 the Twised and the Twilight is releasing soon,
    and it brings up my ill feelings about Total War DLC policy as a whole.

Total War DLC needs to be better. It has to be better.
    Total War DLC is a disaster, whether it's Total War Three Kingdoms DLC, Total War Rome 2 DLC,
    Total War Attila DLC, or Total War Warhammer 2 DLC.

Total War DLC needs to change, and here is three reasons why.

I'm AdmiralPrice, a PhD student who also specializes in Total War in particular and strategy games in general.
    I love to talk about game mechanics, share my knowledge through guides,
    and share ideas with people like you through discord and streams.
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
      Ranking Every Total War Game's Battles | Total War Top 5

Total War games are built around their battles - so which Total War game has the best Total War battles?
      This video gives a tier list of Total War games ranked by battles, and Total War review by battles.
      Which games have the best battles?

This is obviously my opinion, but I'm obviously always right as well.
      This video contains a Total War Tier list talking about the top 5 Total War games by battles,
      including Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Empire Total War, Total War Shogun 2, Total War Rome 2, Total War Attila,
      Total War Warhammer 2, Total War Three Kingdoms, and Total War Troy.

I'm AdmiralPrice, a PhD student who also specializes in Total War in particular and strategy games in general.
      I love to talk about game mechanics, share my knowledge through guides, and share ideas with people like you through discord and streams.
      "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
        The Hard Truth About Total War Battles | Total War Discussion

Total War has always traditionally been seen as a "historical" franchise; but is that true?
        Are Total War battles really "historical," or is the entire Total War franchise a fantasy of sorts?
        This Total War discussion delves deep into the assumptions of Total War, including the historical accuracy of Total War.

This video covers battles in Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Empire total War, Napoleon Total War,
        Total War Shogun 2, Total War Rome 2, Total War Attila, total War Warhammer 2, Total War Three Kingdoms, and Total War Troy.

I love to talk about game mechanics, share my knowledge through guides, and share ideas with people like you through discord and streams.

0:00 Introduction
        0:39 Slower Is More Historical?
        1:50 The System of Total War is Ahistorical
        2:30 First Reason
        3:27 Second Reason
        4:33 Third Reason
        6:03 Fourth Reason
        7:49 Total War Is the Best Version of a History Game
        9:50 I Prefer Strategy Over Julius Caesar Fantasy

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
          Which Total War Game Is Right For You? Ultimate Total War Game Buyer's Guide

With the Steam winter sale up and at it, I give my recommendations on which Total War game you should buy.
          I give my recommendations for the best Total War game for you, considering era, what you like you in total war games,
          and what you like in Total War battles and Total War campaigns.

I cover Shogun Total War, Medieval Total War, Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, Empire Total War, Napoleon Total War,
          Shogun 2 Total War, Total War Rome 2, Total War Attila, Total War Thrones of Britannia, Total War Warhammer 2,
          Total War Three Kingdoms, and Total War Troy. This is kind of a tier list for Total war as well, but more of a total war buying list.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
            Total War Was Never a Historical Franchise. Come Fight Me !Loyalty !Memberships

I'm going to use Total War Medieval 2 gameplay and Total War medieval 2 campaign
            and total war medieval 2 battles to show that Total War was never a historical franchise.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
              The Real Reason Why Total War Battles Are Bad | Total War Discussions

I was going to do an entirely different video, but last night I had a bit of a Eureka moment.
              After talking to a lot of players about their battle preferences and thinking about my own,
              I realized that the reason why a lot of players prefer a certain kind of battle over another comes down to how the Total War campaign is designed.
              Total War battles in modern Total War games, like from Total War Rome 2 onwards, don't matter.
              Individual battles don't matter. There are no decisive battles. You go from one meaningless battle to the next.
              This wasn't the case from Total War Shogun 2, and especially wasn't the case with Medieval 2 Total War or Rome 1 Total War.
              Total War campaign has to be entirely revamped for Total War battles to mean anything again.

0:00 Battles too fast?
              2:38 The real problem underlying battles
              4:07 How the campaign facilitates battle spam in modern total war
              5:42 The solution: fix campaign

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

The Best New Mod for Medieval 2 Total War | Silmarillion Total War

The Medieval 2 Total War modding scene is full of amazing mods, but I think this is one of the best medieval 2 total war mods.
                It's relatively new, and it's multiplayer only, but it's got amazing value and is constantly growing.
                Silmarillion Total War is an amazing Medieval 2 mod, one of the best Medeival 2 mod out there
                because of its impeccable focus on game design and its love for the lore of Tolkein.
                I sit down with lead designer, JMonster, and talk about Silmarillion Total War gameplay, game design, and campaign.
                This is a new lord of the rings mod for medieval 2 total war.

Silmarillion Total War Download link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/silmarilli...
                Silmarillion Total War Discord: https://discord.gg/gkzcrBp
                Silmarillion Total War Twitter: https://twitter.com/SilmarillionWar
                Silmarillion Total War YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG4j...
                Apollo's Video on STW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYeTz...

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                  This Mod Slaps. Here's Why | !Join !Entertain

Check out this amazing new mod for Medieval 2 Total War.
                  It's based off the Lord of the Rings universe, specifically the immense tome The Silmarillion.
                  Medieval 2 mods are a dime a dozen, but this mod does some things that few mods actually do, and I'll be talking about that extensively.
                  This is one of the best new mods for Medieval 2 Total War.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                    Total War Diplomacy Sucks. Let's Fix It.

Total War is known as Total War, not Total diplomacy.
                    But what if I told you that the cure for much of its ills was actually. . .diplomacy?
                    In this Total War Live Stream, we are going to examine the problems with Total War diplomacy,
                    why its so erratic, and look at other games that have implemented successful models of diplomacy.
                    Then, we're going to try to implement those models of diplomacy into Total War itself.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                      The Core Problem With Total War in 2021 | Total War Discussion

After much conversation with many different aspects of the community,
                      I am putting forward what I think is my most important video about Total War in 2021.
                      This video talks about the core problem with Total War in 2021, and how we as a community need to start thinking about ourselves
                      in relation to Total War games, especially when we think about what is the best Total War game for us.

Total War is a large franchise and is bigger than a single community or a single player base.
                      This is true whether we talk about Total War Three Kingdoms, Total War Warhammer 2, Total War Shogun 2,
                      Total War Attila, Total War Rome 2, Empire Total War, Total War Troy, or Medieval 2 Total War.

All Total War games share this feature, and we have to learn to accept it.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                        5 Best Things About Total War in 2021 | Total War Discussion

Historical Total War fans can be very critical of the franchise as a whole,
                        but let's take some time to appreciate the good about Total War in 2021.
                        From Total War Campaign to Total War battle, there is much to love about Total War.
                        In this video we explore five best things about Total War in 2021.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                          5 Things I Hate About Modern Total War | Total War Discussions

Last Monday I talked about 5 things I love about modern Total War. Today, I'll talk about 5 things I HATE about modern Total War, which includes Total War Three Kingdoms, Total War Troy, Total War Warhammer, and Total War Warhammer 2. I talk about Total War battles, Total War campaign, and the need for more historical total war.

I'm AdmiralPrice, a PhD student who also specializes in Total War in particular and strategy games in general. I love to talk about game mechanics, share my knowledge through guides, and share ideas with people like you through discord and streams.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                            Historical Total War Is About To Do Something Epic

Historical total war has been the smaller, forgotten sister of fantasy Total War for some time now,
                            but this is all about to change if I'm right about this.

Total War: Medieval is not going to be Total War Medieval 3 or even a sequel to Medieval 2 Total War,
                            but its going to be a Total War Warhammer 3 like trilogy of games that will span the entire medieval period
                            and medieval world, ending with the great Mongol invasion and discovery of the new world.
                            Join me in the Total War speculation, I mean Total War discussion as we try to figure out what Total War Medieval can possibly be!

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
                            X